Shape Therapeutics (ShapeTx) is a development stage biotechnology company establishing itself as the leader in next generation gene therapy. Our novel technology platform enables direct in vivo targeting of RNA by leveraging ADARs (Adenosine Deaminase Acting on RNA), suppressor tRNAs, and the capability to redose with adeno-associated viruses (AAVs).
ShapeTx is providing solutions to many of the challenges that contemporary genome engineering technologies face (like CRISPR, TALENs, etc.), such as permanent off-target damage, high risk of immunogenicity and therefore low in vivo applicability as effective gene therapy approaches. ShapeTx’s technology instead engages natural human cellular machinery to target RNA with high in vivo efficiency.
At ShapeTx, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with satellite sites in San Diego and San Francisco, California.
The Research Team is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic individual for the role of Sr. Scientist/ Scientist, Molecular Biology. In this position, you will play a key role in the development and optimization of ShapeTx's novel RNA targeting platform.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, perform and validate assays to quantify on- and off-target RNA editing and knockdown
- Screen and optimize lead candidate constructs for IND enabling studies
- Investigate RNA targeting strategies to apply RNAfix for disease programs
- Design, execute, and evaluate experiments and protocols - both independently and with others
- Participate and present project results during research meetings
- Keep organized and detailed records using an electronic laboratory notebook
- PhD in Molecular Biology or a related life science discipline
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience with next generation library sequencing preparation and/or analysis methods
Skills and Experience:
- Experience and knowledge of the latest methods and technologies in synthetic biology and genetic engineering
- Experience in RNA isolation and quantitation methods (qPCR, ddPCR)
- Next generation RNAseq library preparation and data analysis highly preferred
- Hand-on experience with multiplexing technologies (barcoding, single-cell work, library screening and/or automation)
- In-depth knowledge and experience of developing and optimizing in vitro and in vivo assays
- Mammalian tissue culture experience preferred
- Protein and cell analysis techniques are a plus (SDS-PAGE, Western blot, immunohistochemistry and/or flow cytometry)
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-science environment
- Ability to think outside the box and tackle challenges with a problem-solving attitude