ShapeShift is seeking a Software Security Engineer to help secure infrastructure for this growing organization. The Software Security Engineer will help build and maintain a secure environment for ShapeShift’s external and internal services. The ideal candidate will possess experience with cloud platforms and technologies and knowledge about secure development lifecycles. This position offers a unique opportunity to make a high impact in our engineering teams by championing a security-first mindset for our engineers and infrastructure.
This is a full-time position, based in Denver, Colorado or fully remote in western time zones and reports to the CISO.
The ideal candidate will be open to daily changes in workflow and protocol (and force us to improve workflows). As a start-up in an evolving space, there are new challenges that require new solutions every day. Learn more about who we are at ShapeShift.com/careers
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Assist with ShapeShift’s Responsible Disclosure Program
- Perform security audits of draft source code
- Identify and mitigate security vulnerabilities in code, infrastructure, or misconfigurations
- Train software engineers on secure programming techniques and design patterns
- Build and maintain security infrastructure for external and internal systems
- Review and investigate security incidents at ShapeShift
- Perform penetration testing of mobile apps and cloud infrastructure
- Work with leading-edge technologies like container orchestration frameworks, continuous integration pipelines, and mobile application abstraction frameworks
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 3+ years experience in a software engineering or infrastructure role
- DevOps, Site Reliability Engineer, full stack developer, or similar
- Experience with developing large microservice, highly available application platforms
- Proven experience with creating and revising infrastructure-as-code using tools such as Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- Ability to identify and close your own knowledge gaps quickly with online research
- Kubernetes and Docker
- AWS, GCE, etc.
- Typescript, Terraform, Pulumi
- Blockchain & cryptocurrency knowledge
- Experience with Open Source software
Feel that you don’t meet the requirements but are still passionate about your mission? Apply! We look for team members whose desire to make a real impact on an organization and the world grows by the day.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle or feel controls. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
ShapeShift is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Mid Level: $110,000 - $135,000 | Senior Level: $130,000 - $159,000
- 100% Covered Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company Equity
- Flexible Time Off
- Remote work
- Generous Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Opportunity to be paid in Bitcoin