ShapeShift is the leading non-custodial digital asset platform, serving hundreds of thousands of customers across the world. Since 2014, ShapeShift has pioneered a new era of digital finance, earning a place as one of the most beloved and respected brands in a booming and volatile new industry. The company recently launched its new platform at ShapeShift.com and is now leveraging its resources toward aggressive growth.
Led by industry veteran Erik Voorhees, the company is seeking out the best new team members to further scale the organization and maintain leadership while the phenomenon of decentralized digital finance expands around the globe. As part of this growing team, ShapeShift is looking to hire the role of Front End/UX Developer.
ShapeShift is looking for a Front End/UX Developer to play a key role in the creation and evolution of our new platform. The ideal candidate understands that user-centered design and easy-to-use products contribute to the best user experience and user retention. Your designs will lead with an intuitive, beautiful user experiences across multiple screen sizes. You’ll follow best practices in design and have a strong understanding of front end technologies including HTML, CSS, and React.
Additionally, in this position, you will support the design and front-end development process, execute the UX/UI of new experiences, support the growth and adoption of a design system, participate in the planning, defining, building and testing of new features.
This is a full-time, exempt position, based in Denver, Colorado and reports to the Senior UI/UX Manager.
Your desire to make a real impact on an organization and the world grows by the day. The ideal candidate will be open to daily changes in workflow and protocol (and force us to improve workflows). As a start-up in an evolving space, there are new challenges that require new solutions every day.
GOALS OF POSITION
- Develop interfaces with HTML, CSS and React JS
- Work with UX, design and product team in creating intuitive user experiences
- Assist in creating and building a design system to streamline the design and front-end development process
- Develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms and devices
- Help implement analytics solutions and develop for search engine optimization
- Find opportunities to leverage existing technology that could meet design and content management needs
SUCCESS METRICS OF POSITION
- Timely delivery of projects
- Thorough understanding and alignment of desired UI and aesthetics of the user interface visible in the final product
- Consistency of brand and user experience across products, features, tools, and services
- A UI that is beautiful and compelling, with elegant transitions and animations, resulting in an engaged user
- An on brand UI that looks and functions properly across responsive breakpoints
- The creation and evolution of a design system, increasing the speed with which front-end/UI updates are able to be implemented
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- A high-degree of visual design skills and solid experience developing engaging interfaces
- Superior knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch (or similar), HTML, CSS, and ReactJS
- A commitment to quality coding standards
- Experience working with email/marketing automation platforms and CMS platforms such as WordPress or Webflow is preferred
- Be a self-starter and take initiatives
- Knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
- A passion for responsive design
- Be a proactive communicator and awesome team player
- Proven flexibility during periods of rapid growth, with ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environment
- Experience prioritizing competing demands, scoping large efforts and determining timelines
- A compelling, engaging portfolio that demonstrates your best work
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree in either design or development with 6 years of professional experience, or equivalent professional experience doing both
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A general understanding of Blockchain technology
- An interest in Cryptocurrencies
- Experience with third-party APIs
- No travel required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle or feel controls. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
ShapeShift is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.