A career at Guidepost Montessori is unlike any other – join a team of passionate educators and mission-driven individuals who aims to mainstream and transform Montessori education globally.
Why Guidepost Montessori?
We are a growing family of schools and we believe it gives us a unique advantage to provide our team a wide range of resources and support to enhance their own careers goals and aspirations:
- Tailored professional development opportunities that is pedagogically uncompromising combined with classroom practice
- Global mobility and priority placement opportunities in our growing network of close to 30 schools in the U.S., China and Europe
- Professional growth opportunities within each school and our organization
About Guidepost Montessori China
Guidepost Montessori China is an expression of our mission and offers Chinese and international parents locally an opportunity to give their children a holistic, authentic Montessori education that helps them become globally aware while celebrating the local culture and identity. Our schools in China will primarily serve students aged 6 months to 6 years old in an immersion English or bilingual language environment.
Our first campus is scheduled to open in Fall 2019 and is located in the heart of Shanghai’s Jing’an District.
We are looking for a leader who shares our passion for the Montessori method and has the talent and perseverance required to quickly grow enrollment, attract and retain great staff, build a strong parent community, and ensure the educational experience for each child in every classroom is of the highest standard. As the Head of School, you'll be responsible for providing leadership to the entire campus team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a strategic plan for the campus
- Creating a strong culture that embodies the mission of our organization
- Building a strong community among staff, parents, and children
- Ensuring delivery of an exceptional program
- Ensuring overall profitability targets are met (including managing campus budget)
- Working with the Assistant Head of School to ensure enrollment targets are met
- Hiring, supporting, developing, and managing teaching staff
- Fluent English speaker
- 5+ years of experience as a school administrator, preferably in a preschool or Montessori setting
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- An aptitude for creating a warm and benevolent team culture
- Strong leadership and the ability to make the tough decisions with limited information
- A passion for getting education right through the Montessori pedagogy
- Facility with computer systems
- Ability to embrace and exemplify Guidepost Montessori Core Values
We will prefer you over other candidates if you have:
- 3+ years teaching experience in early education
- AMI or AMS Montessori certification
When you join Guidepost Montessori, you are strategically connected to a global community of schools and 500+ people working together to create unique learning opportunities. Guidepost Montessori offers you unsurpassed opportunities to access extensive professional development, global mobility and career opportunities, and to gain exceptional experience and career development. We will also provide relocation assistance to move to Shanghai.