Must presently hold a Pipefitter Journeyman card, or have served a bonafide apprenticeship with certificate or have 8 years documented practical experiences by means of notarized affidavit, or present a UAW Journeyperson’s card.
Primary duties include:
• Install, assemble, repair, maintain, test, and troubleshoot all machinery, equipment, and systems in the facility.
• Must be able to read and interpret blue print drawings, schematic drawings, and equipment technical data as required to develop preventative maintenance tasks and solve problems.
• Proactive maintenance of systems and equipment in a cost-effective manner, for locating, diagnosing and repairing sources of trouble.
• Modify, install, and maintain machinery and systems in compliance with company standards and procedures, and governmental regulations.
• Properly measure, mark, cut, thread, and hammer pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, pipe threaders, and benders.
• Assemble and secure pipes, tubing, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joints.
• Attached pipes to walls, structures, fixtures, etc.
• Plan piping system layout, installation, or repair.
• Must be willing to work overhead, above & below ground, and in confined spaces.
• Must be able to plan projects.
• Balance circuit loads.
• Troubleshoot & install different type of systems, including but not limited to Reverse Osmosis units, Ultrafiltration systems, spray nozzle systems, paint & solvent systems, Waste Treatment pumps and equipment, compressed air, natural gas, gasoline, oil process water, sanitary sewer, plumbing systems, etc.
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs unassisted.
• Must be able to be licensed and operate power industrial equipment in the facility.
• Responsible for proper care and operation of assigned equipment and tools ensuring that the equipment and tools are returned to the proper location in satisfactory condition.
• Must be knowledge of applicable codes and regulations.