At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
• The candidate will have a broad technical background to do testing/validation automotive electronics product.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to work with analog/digital designer to understand the specification and architecture of the product.
- Experience with Test Method development, Board design, Automation development, Data collection across conditions and Generation of final testing report.
- Familiar with automotive electronics testing standard including vibration, EMI, humidity, power cycling, durability test.
- Be able to do prototype test set-ups including simple mechanical/electronic design.
- Strong debug and root cause analysis, familiar with electronic common-mode/differential-mode noise filtering/cancellation method, grounding technique, etc.
- Automotive experience
- Knowledge in environmental, reliability, and safety requirements for Automotive application
- Creative thinking, and high level analytical ability
- Large volume product development experience
Required Education and Experience
- 5+ years of experience
- BS, MS or PhD in EE, ME or a related field
- Prior experience in developing/managing electronics function requirements from vehicle high level requirements with significant supplier.
- Familiar with schematic capture, layout tools (OrCAD preferred).
- Prior experience in developing automotive electronics (or similar products) and delivering to the market.
- Prior experience in interfacing with Tier1 / OEM's (preferred).
- Experience with mixed signal design interfacing voltage, current, temperature sensing and etc.
- Experience with automotive electronics testing standard.
- Experience with software debugging tools.
- Strong Communication Skills
- Concept of functional safety, DFMEA, FTA is preferred
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.