At SF Motors, we're forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we're bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it's about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
Candidate will be responsible for running & maintaining our laboratory buildings and helping the engineering teams to plan out laboratory space and arrange contractor to install all the capital equipment.
This is a full-time on-site role based in Santa Clara, California.
Duties and responsibilities
• Manage all logistics, security, badging, inventory activities across the labs
• Manage parts inventory of all supplies, material and equipment and maintain everything in good working order.
• Familiar with OSHA safety regulations and chemical storage rules
• Plan out laboratory space and facilities needs in advance of resource limitations
• Manage laboratory asset usage, maintenance, and calibration
• Operating the lab and associated equipment in a safe manner
• Maintain the lab spaces in a clean, organized and uncluttered way.
• Provide/organize safety training to employees
• Ability to work in a dynamic and flexible development schedule
• Ability and willingness to travel (Up to 25%)
Required Education and Experience
- 5 years of experience as a lab/ building manager
- Experience in planning and installing large lab equipment, including thermal chambers, CNC machine, industry machines, etc.
- Experience operating, maintaining, and calibrating laboratory equipment, instrumentation, and data acquisition systems
- Automotive lab management experience
- Automotive lab equipment operation and maintenance experience
Up to 25% travel is expected for this position. Will require to travel to China and Ann Arbor, MI occasionally
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of identity and employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.