At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
Design, develop and integrate the electrical systems (chassis electronics, body electronics, passive safety, and infotainment systems etc.) for Battery Electric Vehicle. Define system requirements and specifications. Work with various divisions, engineering service companies and suppliers for system solutions. Implement domain functions as well as diagnostics and communication etc. Perform system integration, verification and testing to ensure vehicle and system level function and performance requirements are satisfied.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with related divisions throughout the organization in determination of vehicle level features. Support determination of overall vehicle E/E architecture requirements.
- Work with engineering service companies and suppliers on vehicle E/E architecture design and implementation.
- Perform system design and integration for function domains such as chassis electronics, body electronics, passive safety, and infotainment systems etc. Decide requirements and source various electrical system components. Design connections of sensors, actuators, controllers, gateways etc. Perform system integration, verification and testing to ensure vehicle and system requirements in function, safety and security etc. are satisfied.
- Support communication network and power network implementation. Determine communication protocols. Support signal definition and communication matrix etc. Implement communications in LIN, CAN, CAN-FD, FlexRay, MOST, and Automotive Ethernet.
- Support development and implementation of diagnostics over IP (DoIP) and over-the-air (OTA) software update etc.
- Perform necessary design and implementation towards multiple E/E system variants to accommodate different vehicle models.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related fields.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in automotive electrical system development and integration.
- Strong grasp of electrical, electronic and control system fundamentals.
- Knowledge of vehicle electrical system development cycle including prototyping, simulation, hardware-in-the-loop testing, and calibration etc.
- Knowledge in vehicle networks, LIN, CAN, CAN-FD, FlexRay, MOST, Automotive Ethernet, DoIP, and OTA software update etc.
- Working knowledge of AutoSAR, FMEA, functional safety analysis
- Experience with communication and diagnostics software and tools.
- Strong verbal and written language skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Good teamwork and learning skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10% domestically and internationally.