At SF Motors, we're forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we're bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it's about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
The Battery Engineer, Process Development is responsible for developing equipment and processes required to realize battery cell designs during new product builds.
- Lead process development to realize battery cell designs
- Work with vendors to define pilot line design and process flow from cell core parts manufacturing to final cell packaging/shipping which can meet required throughput, line balance and uptime requirements
- Develop equipment specifications and qualification requirements
- Conduct concept and detailed design reviews for equipment and process
- Develop process DOEs to determine optimal process conditions
- Conduct analysis required to demonstrate equipment and process can meet design requirements such as tolerance analysis, process failure modes and effects analysis (PEMEA)
- Validate equipment and processes demonstrating capability to meet design and operational requirements
- Drive failure analyses and DOEs to reach design solutions and corrective actions
Up to 20% travel is expected for this position
- BS in Engineering, Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical preferred
- 2 years experience in a high volume manufacturing environment with hands-on machine or equipment design and commissioning of complex automation systems
- 2 years minimum experience in battery cell validation in R&D, Production, or Engineering environment
- Proficient in complex electro-mechanical system design, GD&Ts from concept to detailing
- Proficiency using 2D & 3D CAD to generate Layout, assembly models and detailed part drawings for fabrication (Catia is preferred)
- Proficiency creating detailed drawings from solid models for various fabrication techniques (CNC/manual machining, welding, sheet metal forming)
- Proficiency in mechanical assembly and inspection processes
- Proficient in process characterization and validation using statistical tools
- Proven track record of data driven methodology to solve complex problems
- Experience creating technical specifications for automated manufacturing equipment
- Knowledgeable about production quality metrics is a plus
- A strong background in battery materials and chemistry is highly desired