At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
The HR Manager/HRBP is accountable for providing HR services to an assigned employee/client group in the areas of general policy, employee and management coaching, employee relations, performance management and other high touch human resource services. The HR Manager/HRBP is hands-on and provides full cycle HR support to drive functional excellence. Delivering on these commitments in a timely, accurate, and professional manner is critical to success in this role.
- Communicate with management team in China to ensure that corporate regulations and policies are implemented locally
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with assigned employee/client groups
- Interprets and delivers HR best practices for staff and managers, and develops HR policy in collaboration with HR management team
- Partners with HR colleagues and management to ensure consistent delivery of policy application and quality assurance of all HR services, resources, and tools
- Interprets and applies employee handbook, policies, procedures, practices, and regulations consistently across assigned employee/client groups and assures compliance with applicable federal, state and local labor laws, rules and regulations
- Provides coaching, guidance, and conflict management resolution best practices to staff and managers: encourages creative contributions and innovative solutions
- Ensures effective teamwork and coordination of HR service delivery with employee/client groups, as well as within the HR team
- Ensure managers adhere to best practices for preparing and processing new hires, employee changes, and other related items
- Partners with employee/client personnel to develop accurate job descriptions in compliance with FLSA regulations and best practices, provides guidance on employee/contractor and exempt/non-exempt job classifications
- Researches and provides recommendations covering a wide variety of HR management strategies for achievement of change processes in compensation, performance management, staff development, employee engagement, and in other areas of the HR profession
- Determines plans of action and successfully resolves employment issues based on established policies, procedures, best practices, and consistent with applicable federal, state and local employment law guidelines
- Ensures a hands-on approach with staff and managers to reach a high level of engagement
- Partners with functional leaders and internal and/or external clients on a variety of HR management issues for timely and creative resolution
- Partners and collaborates with internal team to provide high level HR review and consultative support
- Provides new employees/clients with excellent on-boarding experience
- Conducts investigations and researches employee complaints for assigned employee/client groups in collaboration with HR management team
- Develops and conducts HR training for assigned projects, including new projects orientation, and HR skills training
- Pro-actively conducts periodic on-site HR visits to employee/client sites to assess HR needs, satisfaction, practices, and compliance
- Serves as liaison with outside legal counsel on HR related legal issues of assigned employee/client groups and represents the company at regulatory agency hearings.
- Manages project related HR Initiatives and performs other duties and projects as assigned by management team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to hold self and others accountable for high-quality, timely, and effective results
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting the needs of internal and external clients; ability to strive for high level of satisfaction
- Strong ability to cooperate and work collaboratively toward solutions that generally benefit all involved parties
- Demonstrates ability to engage in a direct and truthful manner; ability to present accurate and appropriate information
- Demonstrated ability to hold information strictly confidential
- Demonstrates ability to maintain high-level and consistent work ethic in working relationships and all work related duties
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently in person, by phone and via email
- Ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills; ability to navigate complex employee relations matters with tact and confidence
- Demonstrable expertise in providing unparalleled customer service
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong commitment to create a positive and engaging work environment
- Ability to interface successfully at all levels of the organization
- Excellent critical thinker able to make solid judgments, decisions and solve problems
- Strong ability to consistently exercise sound judgment and superior analytical skills
- Understanding of local, multi-state and federal employment regulations, laws and best practices
- Strong project management skills with the ability to balance competing demands and satisfy conflicting needs with tact and diplomacy
- Experience using payroll and human resources software
- Strong organizational and tracking skills required
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally to local client sites and also on infrequent long-distance business trips
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or related field with advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of HR Generalist and/or HR business partner experience
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred, but not required
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of identity and employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.