At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
The Compensation & Benefits Partner will implement policies & procedures and lead projects relating to the C&B through partnerships with business unit leaders and HR team to ensure that all programs are aligned with SF Motors’ strategic objectives and are in compliance with legal requirements.
Duties and responsibilities
- Gather information on hours worked for each employee and calculate the correct amount incorporating overtime, deductions, leaves etc.
- Process weekly and bi-weekly payroll in Namely.
- Manage 401(k) system and data feed with Namely.
- Address issues and questions regarding payroll from employees.
- Prepare reports for upper management, finance department etc.
- Complete monthly reconciliation and ensure payroll and tax accuracy.
- Review quarterly tax variance reports and maintain and update tax information.
- Analyze compensation data and develop total compensation structure.
- Benchmark with industry best practice and provide recommendations to improve C&B programs.
- Work with other HR team member on merit increase and any other compensation adjustments.
- Provide necessary training for other HR team member and employees
- Enroll employees with carriers and process life status changes.
- Respond to benefits inquiries from employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Track allocation/billing charges, and ensure accurate and timely payment.
- Analyze benefits cost and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Lead the open enrollment process and provide training for employees.
- File workers compensation claims with provider.
- Develop policies and procedures for various types of leaves and manage FMLA, SDI/STD, PFL, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management and other related discipline
- Minimum three years of payroll, compensation and benefits experience
- Knowledge of HRIS, payroll and benefits basics, and income tax regulations in California, Michigan and Indiana
- Experience working with insurance brokers
- Excellent communication and detail management skills including ability to create and maintain effective relationships at any business level and adapt to unexpected challenges
- Strong collaborative team player
- Self-starter attitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with Namely HRIS and Namely Payroll
- Experience working in a fast-paced, rapidly-growing environment