At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
As a Technical Project Manager in SF Motors, you will report directly to the CTO, and be responsible for project management activities for various technical disciplines as well as non-technical aspects. You will be responsible for coordinating select project deliverables, as well as monitoring tasks and implementing improvements to processes and procedures. You will facilitate or carry out the coordination and communication of the technical and non-technical teams under the guidance and direction of the CTO and delegated technical leads. You will support or work closely together with the program management office (PMO) to set up key milestones, timing requirements, and performance targets. You will become a key liaison to non-technical areas such as IT, HR, legal, finance, marketing, branding, sales, facility, office, and others. You will also be an important liaison and representative to supply chain and manufacturing organizations. You will support multiple R&D offices across the globe including US, China, Japan and Germany.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage special long-term or short-term projects and tasks as they arise as part of the operation of the CTO office.
- Ensure timely communication and collaboration of various teams on the assigned project with engineering, PMO, purchasing, finance, manufacturing, IT, HR, legal, marketing, sales, facility and office departments.
- Facilitate effective communications across functions with guidance from senior leadership team including CTO and delegated technical leads. Create and maintain all appropriate documentation.
- Communicate and monitor development activities throughout the product development process, including but not limited to engineering and engineering deliverables, project timing, costing, change management and SW/HW builds.
- Monitor project plan, analyze resources constantly, and make recommendations to ensure the successful completion of project milestones as established. Utilize and follow the product delivery process to coordinate all activities concerned with the completion of the project up to and including the launch of the assigned project. Represent the project team, review documentation and provide technical guidance as appropriate.
- Collect internal and external customer feedback and convey customer requirements and issues to the team. Ensure appropriate resolution is provided to the customer within established time frames.
- Prepare, coordinate or lead meetings with internal and external participants. Represent the CTO or other technical leaders in internal or external presentations.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, with a Masters or a Ph.D. degree preferred, in business, science or engineering. An MBA degree from a top US school is highly desirable.
- Minimum 1 year of program management experience, preferably in automotive industry or technology development.
- Exposure to engineering design processes, individual program tracking, developing timelines, tracking costs, monitoring budgets and managing databases.
- Proven track record of managing program budgets. PMP certification or equivalent level of experience desirable.
- Extensive and successful experience in managing cross functional teams.
- Strong communication skills are necessary: verbal, written, and program management presentations. Ability to communicate in foreign languages is strongly preferred, such as Chinese and Japanese.
- Ability to plan and independently prioritize work.
- Demonstrated successful performance with independent problem solving and quantitative analysis skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully complete multiple tasks within established deadlines.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.