As a Technical Project Manager in SF Motors, you will be responsible for all Project Management activities for vehicle engineering and integration disciplines. You will be responsible for leading & reporting scope, timing and cost of all program deliverables, as well as monitoring tasks and recommending improvements to processes and procedures. You will promote coordination and communication of the engineering and finance teams and complete the following duties and responsibilities under the guidance and direction of the Director, Program Manager and leads of functional units. You will work closely together with the vehicle development teams to set up key milestones, timing requirements, and performance targets.
Duties and responsibilities
• Monitor and manage development activities throughout the product development process, including but not limited to engineering and engineering deliverables, project timing, costing, change management and SW/HW builds.
• Ensure timely communication and collaboration of the team on the assigned project with styling, engineering, purchasing, finance, manufacturing, and process development departments.
• Facilitate effective communications across functions with guidance from senior leadership team. Create and maintain all appropriate documentation.
• Monitor project plan, analyze resources constantly, and make recommendations to ensure the successful completion of project milestones as established.
• Utilize and follow the product delivery process to coordinate all activities concerned with the completion of the project up to and including the launch of the assigned project.
• Lead meetings with internal and external customers. Represent the project team, review documentation and provide technical guidance as appropriate.
• Collect customer feedback and convey customer requirements and issues to the team. Ensure appropriate resolution is provided to the customer within established time frames.
Required Education and Experience
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience. Minimum 3 years of program management experience in an automotive environment; full cycle product development process up to and including launch highly preferred.
• Exposure to engineering design processes, individual program tracking, developing timelines, tracking costs, monitoring budgets and managing databases.
• Proven track record of managing program budgets. PMP certification or equivalent level of experience highly desirable
• Extensive and successful experience in managing cross functional teams
• Strong communication skills: verbal, written, and program management presentations
• Ability to plan and independently prioritize work.
• Demonstrated successful performance with independent problem solving and quantitative analysis skills.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully complete multiple tasks within established deadlines.
• Experience in change management.