At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
We are looking for a Supplier quality engineer (SQE) as a technical liaison between Purchasing, Engineering, Manufacturing groups as well as our Suppliers to monitor Advanced Quality Planning, resolve quality issues, and implement and provide technical support. Candidates need to have full life cycle supply chain knowledge, perform regular supplier audits to ensure compliance with regulatory standards, actively participate in strategic development based on quality control plans, and push supplier quality CIP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Review / audit suppliers' manufacturing processes and quality systems
- Implement and monitor the part qualification and certification process with selected suppliers
- Determine cause of supplier quality problems and coordinate/implement effective and timely resolutions
- Improve quality performance of suppliers by conducting workshops at suppliers' locations, providing technical assistance in developing a quality system or other technical support as required
- Assure supplier understanding of product and PPAP submission requirements
- Review and approve supplier quality plans on new part programs
- Maintain required documentation and files
- Review tool, fixture and part design
- Deal with internal and external supplier quality complaints, organize and coordinate related quality activities, and make preventive actions at supplier plants
- Monitor supplier performance (KPI for Quality, including PPM and SCAR)
- APQP activity with supplier
- Actively engage the design team to establish requirements
- PPAP execution and approvals
- Lead systematic process and quality improvement with suppliers
- Engineering change planning activity and re-PPAP
- Close SCARs with structured closed loop CAs (8D, 5 Why, etc.)
- Bachelors 's degree in engineering related field
- 7-10 years related experience Supply Quality Engineering experience.
- Automotive or Electric Vehicle industry experience
- Knowledge of Chassis or Electronics or Exterior and/or Interior or body parts
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem solving and strong organizational skills
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, work well with diverse groups of people and be able to function independently without direct supervision
- 25% Travel
- Bilingual preferred
- Understanding of TS / ISO Quality System standards
- Knowledge of AIAG standards such as APQP and PPAP requirements including FMEA, Control Plans, Flow Charts, R@R, SPC, MSA, Capacity Analysis, GR&R
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing and assembly plant processes, procedures, facilities and equipment
- Ability to support Design reviews with good understanding of GD&T and Key Characteristics (Safety / Critical Characteristics)