At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
As a Chassis Purchasing Lead, you will support SF Motors to identify and procure goods and services for the Chassis group. The right candidate should have knowledge about sourcing, comparing suppliers, evaluating quotes, negotiating prices, making recommendations and issuing purchase orders. You will help maintain a supply base, manage purchasing records and inventory, coordinate cross-functionally to ensure on-time deliveries from the supplier, and provide feedback to suppliers on pricing and quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Support Chassis engineering for purchasing requests on parts, services and tools. Achieve most efficient costs to meet the budget target while helping enable SF Motors’ design requirement
- Help establish supply chain strategy and identify, analyze and recommend suppliers for Chassis engineering team
- Manage and consolidate supply base to ensure continuous improvement on delivery, cost and supplier relationship
- Lead RFX process, review, and analyze quotes from suppliers, and should-cost analysis. Negotiate contracts and draft the business summary report according to the business negotiation record.
- Follow the company policy to submit purchase request reports for approval. Issue POs and follow up on the contract execution, payment plan implementation and complete related payment procedure.
- Support cross-functional teams including finance, engineering, program management and supply chain during development and ramp. Track program process to ensure project progress satisfies overall timing.
- Maintain inventory and forecast future purchasing needs. Ensure suppliers deliver on-time to meet SF Motor’s demand
- BS/BA degree in relevant fields (e.g., supply chain, business administration)
- 3-5 years of Buyer experience, preferably in automotive or electric vehicle industry
- Familiarity with should-cost analysis
- Basic understanding of automotive product life cycle
- Basic understanding on manufacturing process, VAVE and PPAP concept
- Strong ability to adapt to changes and solve unexpected problems
- Ability to build strong relationships, multi-task and work independently with both internal and external teams.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Fluent English. Fluent Mandarin is a plus
- Able to Travel up to 20% of the time