At SF Motors, we're forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we're bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it's about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
The Intelligent Driving Intern will be part of the Intelligent Driving team within SF Motors to develop, design and test Autonomous Driving systems. The semi-automated or automated driving functions may include sensor fusion, perception, modeling, deep learning, localization, prediction, decision making, motion planning and control. The hardware system architecture may include automotive sensors such as Radars, Cameras and Lidars, as well as other positioning systems, communication systems, computing systems and safety systems. This is an internship position and may be converted to full time contingent on performance and company need.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop product requirements, hardware component specifications and validation methods for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems and Autonomous Driving or Vehicle Connectivity.
- Survey market intelligence and supplier capabilities in component and system technologies and survey related regulations.
- Perform feasibility studies and data driven performance analysis.
- Collaborate with external partners, suppliers, research organizations and regulation agencies in the development and realization of autonomous driving.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills and communicate skills.
- Contribute as a hardware engineer, software engineer or system engineer.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time internship for 3 months, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Knowledge in automotive electronics and diagnostic instruments.
- Knowledge in control, signal processing and sensor technologies.
- Knowledge in CAN and Ethernet networking and wireless communication protocols.
- Knowledge in model based design process, algorithm development and SIL/HIL testing.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and related fields.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.