At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
This position is responsible for developing innovative and class-leading vehicle UX/UI for the all vehicle HMI
Duties and responsibilities
- Establish the look and feel of UX/UI for all vehicle HMI within the SFM design department
- Create class-leading vehicle UX/UI from rough wireframes through to high-fidelity prototypes
- Research and benchmark competitive vehicle UX/UI
- Collaborate with related departments throughout the organization to determine consistent appearance and functional operation of center information display, instrument clusters, head-up display and other screen interfaces in vehicle
- Work closely and upfront with engineering-based HMI team to ensure seamless integration and implementation of UX/UI design intent
Required Education and Experience
- BS degree in interface, industrial, graphic design and/or related field
- Min 5 years experience in developing UX/UI in automotive industry required.
- Strong portfolio which demonstrates an understanding of AI, UX and UI
- Passionate desire to innovate
- Strong visual and interactive design skills
- Excellent understanding of clear layout, color, typography and iconography
- Understand good user-centered design practices and be highly detail oriented
- Strong knowledge of current and future UX/UI trends
- Mastery of industry standard programs: Photoshop, After Effects, HTML, CSS, Java Script, etc
- Good capability using 3D digital design programs like Maya or Alias
- Experience with prototyping, wire-framing, digital strategy
- Software engineering skills (you will not be expected to write code, but having an understanding of it helps when you interact with the engineering team)
- Extensive knowledge of automotive and consumer electronics HMI
- Excellent verbal and written language skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Strong teamwork and learning skills
- Self-starter who requires minimal supervision
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of identity and employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.