At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
Duties and responsibilities
Lead, coordinate and collaborate with Sokon's internal organizations and external experts and strategic partners in conducting long-term business environment studies to identify major market, economic, consumer, competitive, technological and business model trends that impact company's business; provide strategic consultation to Sokon on business development, market entry, product positioning, market competition, technological path, and business organization. Incumbent's individual and joint responsibilities include:
- Identify and analyze market, economic, demographic, and social factors that impact the auto market; predict long-term trends in these factors
- Monitor and analyze auto industry trends; incorporate market, economic, demographic and social factors to forecast long-term auto industry trends
- Study consumer preferences, anticipate future changes in consumer needs and wants, and predict future product and segmentation trends
- Monitor and analyze changes in the regulatory environment, decipher long-term implications of new government policy and regulation to the Company, and create strategy for the Company to adapt to the new regulatory environment
- Analyze external competitive environment; study competitors' business and technological strategies, and assess the Company's strengths and weaknesses versus major competitors, design measures to improve the Company's core competencies
- Research emerging technologies and identify those that will become mainstream; recommend technological strategy for early adoption, development and application
- Explore new business models and identify those that are sustainable and efficient; design new organizational structures for the Company to run business effectively
- Ability to think strategically and create long-term visions and big pictures for business
- Ability to translate complex methods into easily understood results for all levels of business customers
- Good written and oral communication skills in English; some Chinese communication capability is also preferred
- Strong project management capabilities, able to handle and complete multiple projects with a given time frame
- Demonstrated skills in managing or conducting complex research projects in a business or academic environment, familiar with information and human resources in the above areas
- Good leadership and people skills
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.