At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
As an Facilities Manager, you will be responsible for developing, sustaining and optimizing the facilities operations across the business, including the implementation of workplace strategies across the portfolio.
- Lead building operations and associated services for real estate. Oversee both building operations and manage the daily operations of the site.
- Lead construction projects. Manage, and partner with cross-functional teams and other organizations regarding, internal validation and approval of scope, timetable, budget/cost, and appropriate provisioning of all consultants, vendors and suppliers. Manage financial reporting elements of construction projects.
- Develop and manage the Facilities budget, Opex and Capex, including financial justifications and executive level discussions regarding trade-offs. .
- Work cross-functionally with other internal support organizations, such as IT, HR, Finance and Legal, to ensure cohesive delivery of services. Lead and support the development and deployment of standards, measurement criteria, solutions and performance metrics for various building management and facilities developments, including the delivery of technical services, project management and financial controls.
- Build strong relationships and influence business leaders (and their delegates) through timely, relevant, thorough and tailored facilities communications that demonstrate an ability to balance the short term and long term needs of the business. Partner with internal and external stakeholders on issues that impact facilities operational programs.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in operational space delivery and operational facilities management. Experience in vendor management, corporate services, property management, or equivalent office management experience in both laboratory and office environments.
- Experience in workplace services. Experience in partnering with other business units to meet business objectives.
- Experience developing and managing operational expenditure (opex) and capital expenditure (capex) facilities budgets. Experience in tracking and overseeing contract management and purchasing efforts/activities.
- Experience in managing stakeholders and vendors across multiple geographies, with the ability to effectively manage organizational development.
- Experience in developing relevant dashboards, metrics, scorecards and benchmarking materials related to facilities management.
- Experience in working on laboratory and manufacturing spaces, as well as in leading build outs.
- Understanding of mechanical systems and other basic facilities functionality (HVAC, lighting, BMS systems, safety/security protocols, etc).
- Demonstrated ability to place emphasis on financial rigor in relation to trade-offs in budgets. Effective client relationship management, with the ability to support business growth and to implement facilities operational strategies.
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with an ability to express facilities operational concepts smoothly and effectively to a wide range of audiences.