At SF Motors, we're forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we're bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it's about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
The Battery Engineer, Cell Test and Quality is responsible for the day-to-day programming, operation, monitoring, and maintenance of battery test equipment and processes, as well as coin cell fabrication. The role requires good working knowledge of testing rechargeable Li-Ion batteries and a strong working knowledge of battery standards and testing methods found in documents published by USABC, SAE, IEC, GBT and others. The Battery Engineer also actively and constructively participates in problem solving, as well as supporting product validation activities.
- Prepare Design Validation Plans & Reports (DVP&Rs) for battery cells and coin cells, including detailed test procedures, timing plans
- Execute coin cell fabrication and battery tests (both in-house and at external labs), operate test equipment, interpret and validate results, summarize data and prepare reports
- Develop, write, and maintain operating and safety procedures for testing batteries; perform hazard assessments
- Create and write test scripts and procedures for automated control of tests using equipment user interfaces; troubleshoot and resolve test and equipment issues as needed
- Inspect quality of product
- Perform equipment calibration and maintenance; make, repair, and reconfigure test leads and connectors
Up to 5% travel is expected for this position
- BS in Engineering required; major inChemical, Electrical or Mechanical preferred
- 2 years minimum experience in battery cell validation in R&D, Production, or Engineering environment
- Working knowledge of major cell environmental test methods, including vibration, mechanical shock, thermal cycling, humidity, dust, electrical overstress, lifecycle testing
- A strong background in battery materials and chemistry is highly desired
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.