The Chinese English Translator is responsible to work on site at an EV company providing reading, writing and speaking technical and none technical translations to management.
Duties and responsibilities
- Translate technical and none technical automotive specifications, reports, presentations, meeting, etc.
- Format translated documents working in word, excel, PowerPoint, PDF and e-mails.
- Provide language support to management and visit staff.
- Interpreting for onsite meetings, phone conversations/meetings, and video conferences. Translation is 90% or more of the job.
- Maintain terminology list for the department to keep translated terms consistent.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Required Education and Experience
- Ability to travel between Michigan, Indiana and California as needed
- Excellent English reading, writing and speaking skills
- Excellent Chinese reading, writing and speaking skills
- Knowledge of Automotive technical terms (Preferred)
- Strong attention to details
- Outstanding client service skills
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently under tight deadlines
- Work authorization in the U.S