At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
The Chinese English Translator is responsible to work on site at an EV company providing reading, writing and speaking technical and none technical translations to management.
Duties and responsibilities
- Translate technical and none technical automotive specifications, reports, presentations, meeting, etc.
- Format translated documents working in word, excel, PowerPoint, PDF and e-mails.
- Provide language support to management and visit staff.
- Interpreting for onsite meetings, phone conversations/meetings, and video conferences. Translation is 90% or more of the job.
- Maintain terminology list for the department to keep translated terms consistent.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Required Education and Experience
- Ability to travel between Michigan, Indiana and California as needed
- Excellent English reading, writing and speaking skills
- Excellent Chinese reading, writing and speaking skills
- Knowledge of Automotive technical terms (Preferred)
- Strong attention to details
- Outstanding client service skills
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently under tight deadlines
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.