At SF Motors, we're forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we're bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it's about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
As a member of the interior development group the Manager, Interior is responsible for the design direction and development work of interior assemblies and components (cockpit assembly, headliner, carpet and acoustics, trim, â€¦). The Manager, Interior will be responsible for guiding, directing, and supporting engineers within the interiors group, as well as guiding and supporting the design studio, vehicle integration, powertrain, chassis, and body structure groups.Â Interior status updates, timing, product content, design and development details and status, BOM development, safety and validation recommendations and direction, and material selections are all included as part of the Manager, Interior scope.Â This position will receive supervision from the Director, Interior.
Duties and responsibilities
- Duties and responsibilities
- Oversee development of automotive interiors from initial concept styling sketches through to production
- Responsible to project timing and cost of components and sub-assemblies for interior
- Responsible to facilitate internal design reviews with engineers
- Work with engineers to confirm EBOM in PLM and Release parts
- Support supplier engineering and design review meetings (Compatibility reviews, DMA, Digital Buck)
- Interface with tooling and manufacturing feasibility to resolve manufacturing issues and gain manufacturing signoff
- Check for product compliance on all components and assemblies as necessary
- Review CAD data with engineers to confirm completion
- DV/PV Testing completion (write requests, follow the testing, report results, etc.)
- Review proper material selection and support the builds at the assembly plants
- Tolerance analysis for all parts, sub-assemble and assembles
- Tolerance review with engineers
- Assist with day to day problem solving on assigned engineering projects
Lead and guide engineers, direct suppliers, service suppliers, and support manufacturing.
This job operates in a professional office environment and plant assembly line. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, cell phones, copiers, printers, scanners, and projectors.
Normal office duties, Plant support on assemble line and travel. Some long hour might be required during design milestone event and vehicle launch.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Roughly 10% travel is expected for this position to the following locations; North America, Europe, and China.
Required Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Leadership Skills with large and small groups/teams
- Program timing, budgeting and cost analysis
- Strong working knowledge of interior assemblies and partsâ€¦seats, cockpits, door panels, headliners, â€¦
- Working knowledge of DFEMA, PFEMA, and DVP&R
- Tooling for all interior components listed above
- Manufacturing of all interior components listed above
- Specialized knowledge
- Catia V5 revision 24 minimum
- Microsoft Office products
- Dimensional Analysis at all part runs through PPAP (includes data analysis, disposition, resolution)
- Minimum 10 to 15 years of experience working with interior trim
Preferred skills may include:
- Education: Master's degree in a technical field is preferred
- Specialized knowledge
- Catia V5 revision 24
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of identity and employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.