At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
Your role as a Fluid/Thermal CAE Engineer is critical to the development and manufacturing of state-of-the-art EVs. We are looking for a passionate CAE engineer to help us to grow. You will be responsible for supporting the design and modelling of thermal systems to assure high-quality battery system and vehicle performance, safety, and reliability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and evaluate several thermal systems architectures for different vehicle platforms.
- Conduct numerical simulations to optimize a design.
- Perform CAE fluid and thermal analysis to demonstrate the effectiveness and efficiency of different cooling strategies for both normal operation and thermal propagation.
- Conduct simulations to troubleshoot design issues.
- Work internally to define system level requirements and externally to develop concepts and perform trade-off analysis.
- Perform experiments to validate simulation results
Required Education and Experience
- MS/PhD degree in ME, thermal or a related field.
- Strong background in the fundamental of fluid mechanics and heat transfer phenomena.
- Must have 5+ years of work experience focused on numerical simulations.
- Extensive practical knowledge on mesh generation techniques.
- Deep understanding of numerical simulation algorithms.
- Proficiency in CAD/CAE software tools, especially thermal CFD and FEA tools (ANSYS is preferred).
- Experience with DOE and different optimization algorithms.
- Extensive experience with various modes of heat transfer and thermal management materials and techniques, preferably in automotive applications.
- Driven to complete project goals on time and deliver quality results; process and detail oriented.
- Clearly understands technical issues and can justify technical decisions using data and analysis.
- Creative thinking and high level analytical ability.
- Enjoys working in fast pace & diverse work environment, and values candid communication.
Candidates for positions with SF Motors must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position; TN visa holders may be considered.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.