At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
In this role, you will be part of IT/Digital operation team with the opportunity to work with various engineering teams to develop and support both on-perm and on global-cloud platform. The Sr. System Admin should be self-motivated, a team player, possess excellent customer service skills, and be familiar with supporting large scale Engineering IT infrastructure environments. Some after-hours support may be required for this position.
- As part of PLM and ERP implementation team, responsible and support database related tasks from initial planning, sizing, installation, integration, system go-live to post go-live support
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle database (12c and 11i) with RAC (multi-nodes), Oracle database performance tuning, backup and recovery, some level of developer skills, such as stored procedures, packages is plus.
- Highly skilled in Linux, include system administration, shell scripts, performance tuning, troubleshooting, security, networking, storage (SAN or NAS) and cloud integration.
- Maintain/Apply critical security patches both at the OS and Database levels
- Provide proactive OS and database management support and training to junior staff
- Create, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and monitoring on the regular base to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, OS performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- At least 8 years in large system implementations of ERP, PLM, CRM and MES
- Tech-Lead role in manage technical team and projects.
- Knowledge in virtualization environment, VMware, VCenter, Oracle Virtualbox, and VM performance tuning.
- Experiences in Windows Active Directory, Cisco network equipment and firewall
- storage including SAN & NAS, databases, load balancers, DNS, IAM policies, SSH/key management.
- Familiar with Engineering DevOps environment using infrastructure revision control systems such as GIT, SVN is a plus
- Ability to automate complex or repetitive tasks and manage infrastructure as code using scripting (Perl/Python/Unix shells – at least one Proficient in Linux system administration and comfortable with CLI tools)
- Familiar with multiple integration technologies such as SOA, Web services (REST APIs, SOAP) and etc.