At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
Work on passive safety system requirements, specifications, design, development, communication, diagnostics, verification, validation, and calibration etc. Responsible for system integration ensuring the vehicle level function and performance requirements are satisfied.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with related departments throughout the organization to determine vehicle level features for the passive safety system, including various sensors, sensing and diagnostic module, airbags, and safety belt etc.
- Develop passive safety system requirements.
- Lead multiple suppliers to determine system functional specifications, diagnostics specifications, electromagnetic compatibility specifications, mechanical and packaging specifications, environmental specifications etc.
- Determine overall system architecture and communication network structure. Determine communication and diagnostics requirements.
- Lead multiple suppliers for system design, functional development and testing. Lead internal and external design reviews for prototype and production designs, models, and drawings.
- Procure, integrate and manage prototyping, simulation and testing tools and Perform functional development, safety analysis and system FMEA. Develop verification and validation specifications. Develop test plans and perform system verification and validation. Lead malfunction investigation. Perform diagnostics and communication verifications. Produce engineering reports.
- Manage suppliers to deliver products to quality, cost and timing targets. Collaborate with purchasing team to support sourcing and cost definition/reduction tasks.
- Summarize the technical and development process status on a regular basis and report to management.
Required Education and Experience
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related areas.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in passive safety system design and test work.
- Strong grasp of electrical and control system fundamentals.
- In-depth knowledge in electrical and control system prototyping, modeling, simulation, hardware-in-the-loop testing, and calibration etc. Extensive experience in vehicle system diagnostics, verification, and validation.
- Working knowledge of AutoSAR, FMEA, functional safety analysis, ISO 26262 etc.
- Knowledge of vehicle communication networks. Experience with communication and diagnostics software and tools.
- Working knowledge of relevant regulations and approvals.
- Strong verbal and written language skills. Ability to communicate effectively in a cross cultural and cross functional team.
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally.