At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
The Dynamometer Technician will be assisting drivetrain & motor control team to maintain and setup dynamometer lab and test stations
This is a full-time on-site role based in Santa Clara, California.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare and assembly motor & drivetrain unit.
- Load and unload test units from the test stand. Candidate needs to be able lift 50lb
- Executing test procedures, recording data and reporting results on dynamometers
- Assist in debugging problems test setups or dynamometers
- Maintain and oversee the all dynamometer setup and whole laboratory (e.g., installing instrumentation, replacing components and keep the lab clean & safe)
- Testing systems in varying environments in the dynamometer lab
Up to 10% travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- Fundamental understanding of mechanical and electrical principles
- Ability to understand, test, and troubleshoot complicated system interactions
- Ability to organize and manage data as directed
- Ability to work with high voltage systems
- Ability and passion to do hands on work
- Good communication skills and self-motivated to get work done with minimal supervision
- Experience with CAN bus
- Experience with testing instrumentation
- Experience working in an automotive environment
- 0-3+ years’ work experience
- Experience soldering & mechanical hand tool
- AS or BS degree in ME/EE or equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Automotive hand on skills
- Familiar with NI Labview
- Familiar with milling and lathe machine
Candidates for positions with SF Motors must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position; TN visa holders may be considered.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.