At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
Candidate will be responsible for running & maintaining our machine shop, fabricating custom parts and working on our EV conversion projects
This is a full-time on-site role based in Santa Clara, California.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Fabrication of vehicle chassis and body frame in custom EV project
- Understand mechanical and welding blue prints.
- Experience in MIG/TIG, Arc Welding, and hard facing.
- Experience with set-up and run shop basic shop equipment (bandsaw, drill presses, Lathe, and mill), torches (acetylene and plasma).
- Knowledge of computers.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Will be required to operate a forklift.
- Must be able to work and be productive in an unsupervised capacity and must maintain an organized, clean and safe work environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Takes pride in delivering quality work.
- Takes responsibility and ensures the job is completed.
- Willing to work overtime when requested.
Up to 10% travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Knowing CNC programming, operating & setting up CNC milling machine would be a big plus
- Required License or Certification
- A valid drivers license is required for travel. CA driver license required within 60 days of hire and must be maintained.
- A valid forklift operations license is required. Forklift operations license required within 60 days of hire and must be maintained.
- Prefer college, technical or vocational degree in machining and/or welding with five years relevant experience.
- Automotive custom shop experience preferred
Candidates for positions with SF Motors must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position; TN visa holders may be considered.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.