At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
The Manager, Passive Safety is responsible to lead the passive safety planning and execution of a new global vehicle platform. Understand the latest technologies related to passive safety. Work closely with functional teams and suppliers to develop passive safety requirements and performance targets and execute the passive safety design verification and compliance plan.
Duties and responsibilities
- Own the overall passive safety performance of the vehicle.
- Develop the strategy to achieved the desired safety performance.
- Link the passive safety team with product planning, design engineering, studio and vehicle integration team for packaging and attribute trade-offs.
- Guide the product development team (body structures, chassis, trim, restraints, electrical etc.) in achieving component and sub-system performance targets.
- Drive performance improvements and validate these through collaboration with CAE and physical test teams, suppliers, outside test labs, manufacturing and certification/homologation authorities.
- Provide guidance to design teams on best practices to achieve safety targets.
- Upfront interpretation of future regulatory and consumer requirements and the translation of these requirements into product content.
- Responsible for compliance sign-off to legal, public domain and internal requirements of various global market products.
Required Education and Experience
- B.S in Engineering or related area.
- 6-10 plus years experience in vehicle engineering/development.
Up to 10-20% travel is expected for this position.
- Outstanding knowledge of global passive safety regulatory requirements and NCAP requirements.
- Have a sound understanding of vehicle design with key understanding of design elements that affect passive safety performance.
- Create DVP, DFMEA for passive safety.
- Analysis of CAE and physical test data.
- Able to understand complex problems and find practical solutions
- Highly motivated to deliver objectives.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and influencing skills.
- Strong team building skills