At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
The Battery Technician will be assisting the battery manufacturing process, maintaining lab equipment and organizing tools and workstations
This is a full-time on-site role based in Santa Clara, California.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Setup, run, and maintain the cycle testing of lithium ion cells
- Organization of test data into public database.
- Assist in the upkeep and general maintenance of the lab
- Direct involvement with High voltage AC and DC circuits
- Controlling high precision machinery
- Inspect quality of product
- Process trouble shooting and refinement
- Design and build fixtures for battery testing.
Up to 10% travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School degree or better
- Understanding of lithium ion battery safety and dangers.
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational skills particularly with large amounts of electronic data.
- Working knowledge of Excel.
- Strict attention to detail.
- High degree of comfort in a lab setting, bringing a proactive attitude with a willingness to take ownership and drive results.
- Experience working with and testing lithium ion batteries is a must!
- Applicant must:
- be able to lift and carry 50lbs
- be able to do repetitive tasks for long periods of time.
- have strict attention to detail
- Previous use of ARBIN or MACCOR equipment or similar electrical test equipment
- Manufacturing experience or BS in ME
- Possess experience with electrical and mechanical lab measurement equipment (measurement gauges, volt and impedance meters, as well as automated test equipment, etc).
- Familiarity with electronic circuits.
- Above average manual dexterity and average visual acuity are required to perform delicate assembly tasks.
Candidates for positions with SF Motors must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position; TN visa holders may be considered.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.