At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
Design and develop the automotive networks for Battery Electric Vehicle. Define system requirements and specifications. Design and develop logical and physical topology, communication network, power network, and wiring harness etc. Implement system integration, verification and testing to ensure vehicle and system level function and performance requirements are satisfied.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support related departments throughout the organization in determination of vehicle level features. Support determination of overall E/E architecture requirements.
- Define communication network and power network. Design logical and physical topology. Design connections of sensors, actuators, controllers, gateways/switches etc. Design grounding and shielding etc. per electromagnetic compatibility requirements.
- Perform model based development of vehicle communication network and power network. Ensure vehicle and system requirements in function, safety and security etc. are satisfied.
- Determine communication protocols. Support signal definition and communication matrix etc.
- Implement communications in LIN, CAN, CAN-FD, FlexRay, MOST, and Automotive Ethernet. Support development of diagnostics, communication, and over-the-air software update etc.
- Support gateway/switch design, controller design, and wiring harness design etc.
- Do network analysis and evaluation. Perform busload analysis, timing analysis etc. Perform network optimization.
- Define and implement multiple variants for the automotive networks to accommodate various vehicle models.
- Work with domain engineers and suppliers for E/E system integration, verification and testing.
Required Education and Experience
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in automotive electronics related development work, preferably in network design, development and testing etc.
- Strong grasp of electrical, electronic and control system fundamentals.
- Knowledge of vehicle electrical system development cycle and model-based development methodology, including prototyping, simulation, hardware-in-the-loop testing, and calibration etc.
- Extensive experience in vehicle networks. In-depth knowledge of LIN, CAN, CAN-FD, FlexRay, MOST, Automotive Ethernet, DoIP, and OTA software update etc.
- Working knowledge of AutoSAR, FMEA, functional safety analysis
- Experience with communication and diagnostics software and tools.
- Strong verbal and written language skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Good teamwork and learning skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally.