At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
Perform Human Machine Interface (HMI) design and development for Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV). Responsible for the requirements, specifications, function design and development, diagnostics and communication, verification and validation etc. for center information display, digital instrument cluster, Head-Up Display (HUD), and steering wheel controls etc. Ensure the vehicle and system level function and performance requirements are satisfied.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with related departments throughout the organization to determine vehicle and system level features for the center information display, instrument clusters, head-up display, and steering wheel controls etc.
- Develop HMI system requirements. Work with design studio, interior design, vehicle integration teams, and multiple suppliers to determine mechanical and packaging specifications, environmental specifications, system functional specifications, electromagnetic compatibility specifications, etc.
- Fulfill HMI design, development and integration tasks. Assess the usability of various interfaces. Work with related departments and multiple suppliers for system design, functional development and testing. Apply ergonomic standards and principles.
- Determine and implement HMI system architecture and communication network structure. Develop communication and diagnostics.
- Perform internal and external design reviews for prototype and production designs, models, and drawings. Develop and release system software.
- Procure, integrate and manage prototyping, simulation and testing tools and Develop verification and validation specifications and test plans. Perform system verification and validation. Lead malfunction investigation. Produce engineering reports.
- Coordinate with purchasing team to make sure suppliers will deliver products to quality, cost and timing targets.
- Summarize the technical and development process status on a regular basis and report to management.
Required Education and Experience
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in infotainment system, preferably in the design, development and testing of HMI.
- Strong grasp of automotive electrical system fundamentals. Knowledge of vehicle electrical system development cycle and model-based development methodology.
- In-depth knowledge in electrical system prototyping, modeling, simulation, hardware-in-the-loop testing, and calibration etc.
- Working knowledge of AutoSAR, FMEA, functional safety analysis, ISO 26262 etc.
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink, C/C++ and other related software and tools.
- Experience with vehicle communication networks including LIN, CAN, FlexRay, MOST, Ethernet etc. Experience with communication and diagnostics software and tools.
- Working knowledge of relevant regulations and approvals.
- Strong verbal and written language skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Good teamwork and learning skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10% domestically and internationally.