At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
Design and develop automotive gateways/switches for Battery Electric Vehicle. Define requirements and specifications, and implement gateway/switch functions. Perform communication network integration, verification and testing to ensure vehicle and domain function and performance requirements are satisfied.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support determination of vehicle E/E architecture. Support design of next generation communication network solution using automotive Ethernet and gateways/switches. Define automotive gateway/switch function requirements and specifications.
- Perform gateway/switch function design and development. Implement gateway/switch functions in routing, rate adaption, diagnostics, flash, transmit on change, and various wireless communications etc. Ensure vehicle and domain requirements in function, safety and security etc. are satisfied.
- Develop DoIP solution and OTA software update solution.
- Procure, integrate and manage prototyping, simulation and testing tools and equipment. Perform verification and testing. Do network analysis, evaluation and optimization.
- Summarize the technical and development process status on a regular basis and report to management.
- Coordinate with purchasing team to make sure suppliers will deliver products to quality, cost and timing targets.
Individual Contributor. Not Supervisory Role
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Ability to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally.
Required Education and Experience
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering. Master degree and above preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in automotive electronics related design and test work, preferably in communication network design, development and testing.
- Strong grasp of electrical, electronic and control system fundamentals.
- Knowledge of vehicle electrical system development cycle and model-based development methodology, including prototyping, simulation, hardware-in-the-loop testing, and calibration etc.
- Extensive experience in vehicle system diagnostics and communication. In-depth knowledge of LIN, CAN, CAN-FD, FlexRay, MOST, and Automotive Ethernet etc. In-depth knowledge in DoIP and OTA software update.
- Working knowledge of AutoSAR, FMEA, functional safety analysis etc.
- Experience with communication and diagnostics software and tools.
- Strong verbal and written language skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Good teamwork and learning skills.