At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
Establish and manage the chassis electronics team and control daily operations. Responsible for the chassis electronics system requirements, specifications, design, development, diagnostics and communication, verification, validation, and calibration etc. Ensure the vehicle and system level function and performance requirements are satisfied.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and manage the chassis electronics team to fulfill system design, development and integration tasks.
- Collaborate with related departments throughout the organization to determine vehicle level features for the major chassis electronics systems, including electronic controlled braking, active suspension, electric power steering, parking brake, and tire inflation monitoring etc.
- Develop chassis electronics systems requirements. Lead the team and multiple suppliers to determine system functional specifications, diagnostics specifications, electromagnetic compatibility specifications, mechanical and packaging specifications, environmental specifications etc.
- Lead chassis electronics systems development and integration tasks. Work with multiple suppliers for system design, functional development and testing. Perform internal and external design reviews for prototype and production designs, models, and drawings. Identify and assess design and manufacturing risks.
- Determine and implement system architecture and communication network structure for the chassis electronics systems.
- Procure, integrate and manage prototyping, simulation and testing tools and Lead functional development, safety analysis and system FMEA. Develop verification and validation specifications. Develop test plans and perform system verification and validation. Lead malfunction investigation. Lead diagnostics and communication verifications. Produce engineering reports.
- Manage the development activities from concept to launch, including updates.
- Manage suppliers to deliver products to quality, cost and timing targets. Collaborate with purchasing team to support sourcing and cost definition/reduction tasks.
- Summarize the technical and development process status on a regular basis and report to management.
Required Education and Experience
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering. Master degree or above preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in automotive electronics related design and test work, preferably in chassis electronics areas. Record of over 5 years of experience in managing and delivering electrical and/or control systems will be a significant advantage.
- Ability to manage multiple products/projects/suppliers with attention to details. Exceptional ability to manage simultaneous activities and challenges.
- Strong grasp of electrical and control system fundamentals.
- Knowledge of vehicle electrical system development cycle and model-based development methodology.
- In-depth knowledge in electrical and control system prototyping, modeling, simulation, hardware-in-the-loop testing, and calibration etc.
- Working knowledge of AutoSAR, FMEA, functional safety analysis, ISO 26262 etc.
- Working knowledge of Matlab/Simulink, C/C++ and other related software and tools.
- Experience with vehicle communication networks including LIN, CAN, FlexRay, MOST, automotive Ethernet etc.
- Working knowledge of relevant regulations and approvals.
- Strong verbal and written language skills. Ability to communicate effectively in a cross cultural and cross functional team. English-Chinese bilingual will be a preferred advantage, however not mandatory.
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally.