The Body Electronics Engineer will perform body electronics systems development and integration. Responsible for the body electronics systems (including infotainment system) requirements, specifications, design, development, diagnostics, verification, validation, and calibration etc. Ensure the vehicle level function and performance requirements are satisfied.
Duties and responsibilities
- Collaborate with related departments throughout the organization to determine vehicle level features for the major body electronics systems, including exterior lighting, interior lighting, door, window, mirror, wiper and washer, seat, vehicle access, anti-theft etc., as well the infotainment system, including driver information center, audio/video, display, reverse image, navigation, automotive Ethernet, Bluetooth etc.
- Develop body electronics systems requirements. Work with multiple suppliers to determine system functional specifications, diagnostics specifications, electromagnetic compatibility specifications, mechanical and packaging specifications, environmental specifications etc.
- Fulfill body electronics systems development and integration tasks. Work with multiple suppliers for system design, functional development and testing. Perform internal and external design reviews for prototype and production designs, models, and drawings. Identify and assess design and manufacturing risks.
- Determine and implement system architecture and communication network structure for the body electronics and infotainment systems.
- Procure, integrate and manage prototyping, simulation and testing tools and Perform functional development, safety analysis and system FMEA. Develop verification and validation specifications. Develop test plans and perform system verification and validation. Perform malfunction investigation. Perform diagnostics and communication verifications. Produce engineering reports.
- Coordinate with purchasing team to make sure suppliers will deliver products to quality, cost and timing targets.
- Summarize the technical and development process status on a regular basis and report to management.
Required Education and Experience
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in body electronics systems design and test work.
- Strong grasp of electrical and control system fundamentals.
- Knowledge of vehicle electrical system development cycle and model-based development methodology.
- In-depth knowledge in electrical and control system prototyping, modeling, simulation, hardware-in-the-loop testing, and calibration etc. Extensive experience in vehicle system diagnostics, verification, and validation.
- Working knowledge of AutoSAR, FMEA, functional safety analysis, ISO 26262 etc.
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink, C/C++ and other related software and tools.
- Experience with vehicle communication networks including LIN, CAN, CAN-FD, FlexRay, MOST, automotive Ethernet etc. Experience with communication and diagnostics software and tools.
- Working knowledge of relevant regulations and approvals.
- Strong verbal and written language skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Good teamwork and learning skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally.
- Master degree and above preferred.
- 10 years of experience in automotive electronics related design and test work preferred.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Up to 25% travel is expected for this position.