At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
As a suspension engineer, you will be working on vehicle dynamics and control systems. In this creative and collaborative area, you will be taking ideas all the way from concept to production. This position involves a mix of theory, computer simulation, and in-vehicle testing.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible in design and development of automotive suspension.
- Design, develop and innovate of Chassis Control features. Integrate new functions with existing/emerging sensing/information technology.
- Conduct tests, develop simulations, Model/Software Hardware in the Loop, and rapid prototyping tools.
- Analyze hardware and software designs for potential failure modes. Write performance and test specifications to tune/validate designs/applications.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose reported problems and malfunctions.
- Travel as needed to support suppliers
- Interface with cross functional teams and suppliers
- Provide feedback to engineers on design
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- Prior automotive field experience at the either OEM or supplier
- 5 years of experience in vehicle system design
- Proficiency in CATIA V5
- 5 years of experience with testing and validation requirements
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- Knowledge of engineering software and systems as it pertains to audio systems
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Innovative, think inside and outside the box
- Quick Learner Focused on getting the job done and delivering at a high quality.
- Effective communication skill within all levels of the organization and with outside organizations.
- Well organized, Self-starter, Work in teams and independently
- Able and willing to travel domestically and/or internationally
- Able and willing to travel and support production launch
- Strong work ethics
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Highly motivated
- Positive energy and attitude
- Flexible, ability to work in a fast pace constantly changing environment with tight deadlines