At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
As an NVH CAE Engineer in SFEV’s Vehicle Integration & Safety Systems, CAE Team, you will be responsible for NVH CAE analysis of the full vehicle, subsystems, and for SFEV product lines. You will work closely together with vehicle product development teams to set up requirements and performance targets.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop NVH CAE model, generate correct and appropriate CAE models from CAD data
- Perform normal modes, structural/direct modal analysis, forced frequency response analysis, point mobility, transfer path analysis of assembled body-in-white & trimmed vehicles within required program timeline
- Develop cavity CAE model to evaluate low-, mid-frequency vehicle NVH and acoustics performance
- Interact with design release engineers to recommend appropriate design solutions
- Work with NVH development engineer to correlate the CAE/test results to improve NVH performance predictability of the vehicle
- Identify the NVH problems, perform required analyses to find out the root causes and provide design recommendations to resolve the problems
- Write up analysis report of engineering problems and book-shelf the knowledge into the system
- Lead in NVH CAE methodology development
- Contribute to knowledge management of the company
Minimum travel requirement
Required Education and Experience
- MS or PhD degree in mechanical engineer, aerospace engineering, civil engineering or related field
- At least 3-year professional experience in automotive or heavy equipment or aerospace industry
- Familiar with automotive parts vocabulary, terminology etc.
- Familiar with fundamentals of vibration and acoustics theory
- At least 3-year experience with pre- and post-processing software such as ANSA/META, and HyperMesh/HyperView
- At least 3-year experience with solvers such as Nastran, Optistruct, Abaqus, LS-Dyna and modeFrontier
- Familiar with most functions of CAD software such as CATIA, and SolidWorks
- Familiar with Microsoft Office tools, able to generate good presentation with PowerPoint, analysis reports of Word and dexterously use Excel to perform needed calculation
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
- Able to work in a fast-paced program with a diverse team