At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
As an Electronics Engineer, you will demonstrate hardware and software engineering skills applied to automobile interior cabin instrument panels, center displays, gateways, instrument clusters, and driver-assist systems and technologies. Programming and development are required, as this position requires highly complex and advanced designing, coding, and debugging skills. You will also demonstrate well-balanced interpersonal, professional, and technical communication both written and oral. The candidate should have experience with designs of experiments, firmware/code validation, statistics, testing, validation, root-cause methodologies, and writing standardized instructions for manufacturing.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible in design and development of automotive Electronic Controllers (ECUs), especially of audio systems, their application and integration in vehicle design
- Experienced with software and calibrations work and vehicle serial data communication using LAN, LIN, and MOST networks
- Pro-actively interact with multiple tier 1 suppliers to coordinate software build releases
- Define and document system level issues between components of the subsystem
- Interact with suppliers to resolve system issues
- Review test logs to determine where subsystem issues reside
- Coordinate system software releases to other development groups within the company
- Run integration meetings, create minute, create and track action item lists
- Travel as needed to support suppliers
- Troubleshoot captured test fleet issues
- Interface with cross functional teams and suppliers
- Record the consumption of material and supplies
- Record and track daily operations
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work area
- Provide feedback to engineers on design
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience with common electrical test equipment (meter, scopes, etc.)
- Experience with the serial data communication protocol
- Knowledgeable of MOST, LAN, and LIN
- Experience with common serial data test equipment (CAT, SCAT, NeoVI, SDATT, DiComPhySys, DPS Tool, etc.)
- Experience with automotive electrical systems and functional sub-systems
- Exhibits appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- Knowledge of engineering software and systems as it pertains to audio systems
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Innovative, think inside and outside the box
- Quick Learner Focused on getting the job done and delivering at a high quality.
- Effective communication skill within all levels of the organization and with outside organizations.
- Well organized, Self-starter, Work in teams and independently
- Able and willing to travel domestically and/or internationally
- Able and willing to travel and support production launch
- Strong work ethic
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Highly motivated
- Positive energy and attitude
- Flexible, ability to work in a fast pace constantly changing environment with tight deadlines