At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
As the Director, Electronics and Electrical Engineering, you are responsible for the System Architecture and Control and leading the electronics and electrical system requirement engineering, architecture, control strategies, simulation, calibration and integration efforts, functional development and interfaces.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible in design and development of automotive Electronic Controllers (ECUs), especially of audio systems, their application and integration in vehicle design
- Experienced with software and calibrations work and vehicle serial data communication using LAN, LIN, and MOST networks
- Pro-actively interact with multiple tier 1 suppliers or OEM to coordinate software build releases
- Define and document system level issues between components of the subsystem
- Interact with suppliers to resolve system issues
- Review test logs to determine where subsystem issues reside
- Coordinate system software releases to other development groups within the company
- Run integration meetings, create minute, create and track action item lists
- Travel as needed to support suppliers
- Troubleshoot captured test fleet issues
- Interface with cross functional teams and suppliers
- Record the consumption of material and supplies
- Record and track daily operations
- Provide feedback to engineers on design
Lead the Electronics and Electrical Engineering team
Up to 40% travel
Required Education and Experience
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related disciplines
- Min. 12 years of Electronics and Electrical Engineering related responsibilities
- 5+ years of experience leading Electronics and Electrical Engineering teams
- Experience with automotive electrical systems and functional sub-systems
- Positive attitude and constructive approach while interfacing with peers/suppliers
- Innovative, think inside and outside the box
- Strong work ethics
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Highly motivated
- Flexible to work in a fast pace constantly changing environment with tight deadlines
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.