At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will construct leading, most productive software build and release that will be used by SF Motors, Inc. Alongside building systems to greatly improve the efficiency of software development organization, you will also be responsible in engineering and maintaining a dynamic, scalable systems that can adapt to the robust growth of the development team at SF Motors, Inc.
- Cooperation with engineering and IT teams to define and implement tools that will increase productive efficiency.
- Design, implementation and maintenance of a high availability CI/CD Infrastructure stack in a private compute cluster.
- Development of performance and reliability tests to increase production throughput availability
- Lead DevOps infrastructure troubleshooting as well as define risk mitigation and backup recovery systems.
- Definition and refinement of repository management strategies.
- Project Management for improvements and upgrades of software systems
- Oversee architecture of the enterprise Git system and Support daily operations of engineers utilizing Git in the development of product software.
- Develop server-side scripts as well as other glue software to customize Git and tie in with other tools such as, code review tools, build management, etc.
- Exceptionally proficient with Python and equivalent script writing
- Familiar with Java and C for developing software.
- Experience with Continuous integration and Continuous delivery
- Proficient in working with embedded systems.
- Proficient in managing and working with GIT and repository management.
- Proficient in working with Linux server administration and management tools such as, Puppet, VMware, Docker or equivalent.
- High level knowledge with build systems and great understanding of individual build automation processes such as compiling and packaging binary code, running automated tests and managing deployment.
- Basic knowledge of database systems and concepts.
- Demonstrates self-learning skills for troubleshooting general open source software independently
- Capable of working on a team and displaying effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Should be knowledgeable about: Perl, Unix Shell Procedural languages, SQL, Apache, LDAP, Java Application Servers, Stash, Jenkins, SCM systems and Unix/Linux Administration.
- BS Degree (or higher) in engineering, computer science, mathematics, information systems or equivalent in experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience with DevOps in a Linux environment.
- 3+ years of experience with software design/development and/or infrastructure design/development