At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
This position is responsible for the research, design/styling with a creative mind to develop and implement interiors for all SF Motors vehicles
Duties and responsibilities
- Oversees development of automotive interiors from initial concept styling sketch through to production
- General management of Interior Design department activities and related personnel
- Responsible for project timing and budget of interior design department
- Performs all research and design exploration for new vehicle interiors
- Works closely with SF Motors design, marketing, engineering, manufacturing and suppliers in cross-functional teams for implementation of interior design for production vehicles as well as concept properties
- Collaborates and coordinates closely with internal CMF department
- Organizes professional interior design presentations for SF Motors development groups and executive management
- Stays current with latest trends in automotive interior design as well as consumer electronics, product, fashion, architectural and related design fields
Required Education and Experience
- Min. 10 years in an OEM automotive interior design studio, experience in related transportation design fields beneficial
- BS, BFA, MS or MFA in transportation design
- Passion for design
- Creative and innovative thinking for developing new automotive interiors
- Excellent understanding of production vehicle design practices, general vehicle development process, timing and product cycles
- Strong knowledge of current and future automotive design trends, especially in premium segments
- Good knowledge of latest UI/UX in HMI systems
- Current with consumer electronics, consumer products, furniture and architecture trends
- Strong organizational, inter-personal, project management and presentational skills
- Professional, motivated and pro-active working attitude
- Ability to travel and work long hours
- Proficient PC skills - current Office 365 programs
- Skilled in 2D digital sketching programs: Photoshop or equivalent
- Skilled in CAD 3D design process and visualization programs: Alias, VRED or equivalent
Candidates for positions with SF Motors must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position; TN visa holders may be considered.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.