SF Motors is a Santa Clara based Electric Vehicle Company focusing on R&D, manufacturing and sales of world class EVs. Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley with an office in Ann Arbor, MI, we are committed to providing our customers with great products, exhilarating experiences and superior services. SF Motors is funded by automobile maker Chongqing Sokon Industry Group, which designs, manufactures and distributes more than 350,000 vehicles world-wide annually.
SF Motors has three R&D centers:
- Electric Powertrain & Intelligent Driving R&D Center based in Santa Clara, CA with a R&D office in Beijing, China
- Product Development R&D Center - North America based in Ann Arbor, MI
- Product Development R&D Center - Asia-Pacific based in Chongqing, China
Develop design tools and resource capabilities to support advanced Li-ion cell and battery development activities. Emphasize on thermal modeling, cell capacity / energy estimation, mathematical modeling and performance simulation of cell designs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish software tools / licenses and hardware capabilities required to execute cell modeling activities.
- Provide electrochemical and thermal modeling activity to existing and future generation cell chemistries.
- Use proven models to determine cell design parameters that could be modified to optimize cell performance for target applications and define tradeoffs between performance and energy density.
- Work with external vendors and universities to establish relationships, define scope of development activity and review performance / progress against program goals / schedule through data driven decision making processes.
- Prepare status updates and presentations related to ongoing and accomplished modeling activities, report and make recommendations as required.
- Identify novel technologies and approaches that may be applicable, coordinate literature research and where applicable, work to establish related intellectual property.
- Up to 20% domestic and international travel may be expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrochemistry, Material Science, Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering.
- 5+ years experience in technology development programs focused on understanding the electrochemical and thermal behavior of battery systems with solid exposure to Li-ion chemistry.
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in modeling tools and methods such as MATLAB, COMSOL, CD-adapco, fluid dynamics, system level integration and model order reduction.
- Clear understanding of the electrochemical techniques and methods used to measure the thermodynamic and material characteristics that are required to develop a meaningful model at cell level.
- Experience in collaborating with internal engineering groups and external technology development partners and vendors.
- Motivated, self-starter with excellent time management skills and strong process oriented approach to areas of focus.