At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
The senior mechanical design engineer is responsible for designing and delivering components and systems for SF Motors electric powertrain system. The drivetrain team is responsible for a wide range of components and systems that connect to the rest of the vehicle electrically and thermally.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and develop component and system level requirements and specifications.
- Design and analyze mechanical components and interface of drivetrain systems in CATIA V5.
- Conduct overall mechanical, thermal design, durability, and NVH analysis.
- Optimize the concepts and detailed designs with analytical and physical assessments.
- Complete and release system, sub-system and component designs in the PLM system.
- Develop the experiment design of performance rating, and reliability/durability test.
- Develop electric drivetrain manufacturing technologies includes material, the process of machining, heat-treating, electrical insulation, and/or assembly.
- Develop the creation of component and assembly of 3-D CAD models, and related 2-D manufacturing drawings.
- Up to 20% domestic and international travel may be expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- BS, MS or PhD in ME, automotive or thermal or a related field.
- Proven track record of project management and product development.
- Proficiency in CATIA V5, or similar 3D CAD/CAE software (e.g. Solidworks, Comsol, Ansys).
- Solid background in NVH, structural and thermal analysis.
- Extensive experience with mechanical drivetrain design, implementation and validation in automotive application.
- Deep understanding of system level thermal, high voltage integration, efficiency optimization.
- Knowledge in environmental, reliability, and safety requirements for automotive application.
- Global manufacturing experience is a PLUS!
- Able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- 5+ years of R&D experience in automotive industry.
- 3+ years of drivetrain system development experience in automotive industry.
Candidates for positions with SF Motors must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position; TN visa holders may be considered.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.