At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer in Power Electronics with SF Motors, you will be responsible for design and development of powertrain electrical and electronics components. You will work with mechanical engineers and firmware engineers at a very high level of collaboration. This role will develop leading-edge technologies for EVs planned for mass production by SF Motors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and development of traction inverter, on-board charger, DC/DC and other power converters.
- Lead engineering team from specification to design, prototyping and manufacturing.
- Select and design circuit topology, components and circuit board layout.
- Develop control algorithms, prototyping, testing and validating power electronics products.
- Contribute to vehicle level integrations including thermal, thermal and high voltage electrical interfaces.
- Firmware development for power electronics systems.
- Take part in the requirement development for powertrain component and system.
- Collaborate with the manufacturing team to develop mass production processes.
- Build and manage a strong business relationship with suppliers.
- Lead test plan development, issue resolution, and lab and in-vehicle testing of power electronic systems.
- Up to 20% domestic and international travel may be expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- BS, MS or PhD in EE, ME or a related field.
- Solid background in power electronics and embedded control systems.
- Design and validation experience with AC/DC, DC/DC, and DC/AC converters.
- Hands-on experience with magnetic design and EMC/EMI issues.
- Deep understanding of power semiconductor devices, IGBT and MOSFET switching characteristic, loss and thermal modeling and analysis.
- Experience with working in electronics lab environment and equipment.
- Experience in PCB design, schematic capture and layout.
- Experience in modeling and control of power converters.
- Embedded control programming experience.
- Deep understanding of system level thermal, high voltage integration and efficiency optimization.
- Familiar with product development processes from design to production, including DFMEA.
- 5+ years of power electronics and circuit design in automotive industry.
Candidates for positions with SF Motors must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position; TN visa holders may be considered.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.