At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
As a Staff Mechanical Engineer at SF Motors, you will be responsible for leading all aspects of battery system mechanical design and development, including CAD, CAE, thermal, safety and structural. You will work on architecture, design, development, and testing of battery system hardware. You will be lead the development of battery interconnection including bus bars, pack and module level heat transfer and management, and battery system manufacturing processes and techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Own battery system structural design, CAD, CAE, crush safety, component integration, and vehicle mechanical, thermal and high voltage electrical interface.
- Lead the mechanical integration of battery cells, electromechanical components and hardware.
- Take part in the requirement development for powertrain component and system.
- Collaborate with the manufacturing team to develop battery system mass production processes.
- Manage battery related product development cycles from design to manufacturing.
- Build and manage a strong business relationship with suppliers.
- Lead test plan development, issue resolution, and lab and in-vehicle testing of battery systems.
- Up to 20% domestic and international travel may be expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- BS, MS or PhD in ME, automotive or thermal or a related field.
- Experience in the design and development of high voltage electronic systems and subsystems, for automotive applications.
- Experience in battery pack interconnection design, thermal management, and safety.
- Proficiency in conceptual and detailed mechanical design and extensive 3D CAD experience.
- Knowledge of high-volume manufacturing processes and/or automation is highly desirable.
- Experience with full life-cycle of product development processes.
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards such as IEC, ISO and GB.
- Enjoys working in fast pace & diverse work environment and values candid communication.
- Enjoys building a strong team and designing high-quality products.
- 3+ years of direct battery system development experience in automotive industry.
- 5+ years of related industry mechanical design experience.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.