At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
As a Senior BMS Engineer at SF Motors, you will be responsible for leading all aspects of electrical vehicle BMS design and development, including specification, architecture, hardware, software, integration, validation and application.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Define requirements for battery pack BMS hardware, algorithm and software.
- Evaluate BMS design, architecture and perform trade-off analyses.
- Design electrical system for battery pack monitoring and control, including schematic design, component selection, and PCB layout and assembly.
- Perform detailed design and development of BMS algorithm and software.
- Manage the BMS product development process from design to manufacturing, perform DFMEA.
- Lead the development of design validation methodology and testing activities to ensure the battery pack product meets specifications and industry standard safety requirements.
- Lead the integration of BMS hardware and software.
- Build and manage a strong business relationship with suppliers.
- Lead test plan development, issue resolution, and lab and in-vehicle testing of battery systems.
- Up to 20% domestic and international travel may be expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, CE, EE, ME or a related field.
- Experience in the design and development of BMS algorithms and software.
- Experience in the design and development of high voltage BMS electronic systems and subsystems, for automotive applications including integrated and distributed BMS.
- Hands-on experience with schematic design, circuit simulation and PCB layout.
- Experience with EMC/EMI design and validation testing. Experience with functional safety a plus.
- Familiarity with industry standards, such as IEC, ISO, GB.
- Experience with CAN bus communications and associated tools such as CANape.
- Familiarity with automotive ECUs, especially those in hybrid and electric powertrains. Experience with TI DSPs or NXP microcontrollers a plus.
- Enjoys working in fast pace & diverse work environment, and values candid communication.
- Enjoys building a strong team and designing high-quality products.
- 5+ years of BMS development experience in automotive industry.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.