At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
As a technical leader of powertrain control and vehicle control at SF Motors, you will be responsible for resolving technical and application challenges in propulsion motor control, generator control, vehicle dynamics control, energy management, and modeling of powertrain/vehicle components and systems. You may also work on other systems such as vehicle thermal management, chassis controllers, driver interface system, and autonomous driving system. Responsibilities may include product requirement analysis, technical feasibility study, and system level architecture, control system design and implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop advanced control algorithms including propulsion system control, energy management with traction motor/generator systems, vehicle stability and traction control.
- Define requirements for control systems as well as software and hardware components including sensors, ECU’s and power conversion and energy storage systems.
- Lead cross functional team and perform control system optimization, tuning and validation.
- Define and specify vehicle level and powertrain level specifications based on modeling and simulation, correlating theoretical and empirical data.
- Lead or participate in control firmware and software development and testing.
- Up to 20% domestic and international travel may be expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- MS or PhD in EE, ME, CS, CE, systems, automotive, or a related field.
- Experience in electric or hybrid vehicle development. Experience in electric and/or ICE propulsion system, energy storage system and vehicle control system.
- Familiar with torque control and management techniques from motor control to vehicle level control.
- Experience with all-wheel-drive vehicle dynamics control and hybrid vehicle control is preferred.
- Expertise in control system synthesis, design and analysis, as well as model-based design and validation. Expertise in robust control, optimal control, nonlinear control and intelligent control.
- In-depth understanding of physical systems including electrical, mechanical and thermal systems, as well as vehicle dynamics. Broadly interested in mechatronics.
- Proven track record of delivering quality products and a wide variety of contributions.
- Experience with project management techniques as well as team development and mentoring.
- Experience in MATLAB/Simulink, C/C++, Python, or other programming languages.
- Familiar with rapid control prototyping and hardware in the loop testing processes and tools.
- Familiar with popular calibration tools in automotive industry, such CANape.
- Knowledge of functional safety, AUTOSAR and ISO26262.
- 10+ years of broad R&D experience in automotive or aerospace industry.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.