SF Motors is a Santa Clara based Electric Vehicle Company focusing on R&D, manufacturing and sales of world class EVs. Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley with an office in Ann Arbor, MI, we are committed to providing our customers with great products, exhilarating experiences and superior services. SF Motors is funded by automobile maker Chongqing Sokon Industry Group, which designs, manufactures and distributes more than 350,000 vehicles world-wide annually.
SF Motors has three R&D centers:
- Electric Powertrain & Intelligent Driving R&D Center based in Santa Clara, CA with a R&D office in Beijing, China
- Product Development R&D Center - North America based in Ann Arbor, MI
- Product Development R&D Center - Asia-Pacific based in Chongqing, China
As a technical leader of powertrain control at SF Motors, you will be responsible for resolving technical and application challenges in traction motor control, vehicle control, energy system management, and advanced and innovative modeling of powertrain components and system. You may also lead the powertrain team to work with vehicle engineering team on other systems such as vehicle thermal management, various chassis controllers, driver interface system, telematic system and communications gateway. Responsibilities may include product requirement analysis, technical feasibility study, and system level architecture, control design and implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Define requirements for control software and interfacing hardware components including sensors, ECU’s and power conversion system.
- Design and develop the control algorithms for propulsion system, energy storage system, battery chargers, vehicle control system and safety system.
- Lead modeling, software and firmware engineering for product design and development.
- Provide the control system design trade off and lead cross functional team to deliver the solutions.
- Define and specify the vehicle level and powertrain level specification based on modeling and simulation, correlating theoretical and empirical data.
- Interface with senior management to provide and obtain information and to build consensus regarding technical solutions as well as project direction and execution.
- Collaborate with various internal and external teams to specify and review product requirements.
- Develop and integrate component level modeling into system level to achieve high fidelity simulation.
- Up to 20% domestic and international travel may be expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- MS or PhD in EE, CS, CE, systems, automotive, or a related field.
- Experience in electric or hybrid vehicle development.
- Experience in propulsion system, energy storage system and vehicle control system.
- Experience in MATLAB/Simulink, C/C++, Python, or other programming languages.
- Expertise in control system synthesis, design and analysis, as well as model-based design and validation.
- Proven track record of delivering quality products and a wide variety of contributions.
- Experience with project management techniques as well as team development and mentoring.
- In-depth understanding of physical systems including electrical, mechanical and thermal systems, power electronics, and vehicle dynamics.
- Familiar with torque control and management techniques from motor control to vehicle level control.
- Familiar with rapid control prototyping and hardware in the loop testing processes and tools.
- Familiar with popular calibration tools in automotive industry, such CANape.
- Knowledge of functional safety, AUTOSAR and ISO26262.
- 10+ years of broad R&D experience in automotive industry.