At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
As a Senior Firmware Engineer at SF Motors, you will lead the development of EV powertrain control system software. You will be responsible for delivering high quality embedded code from concept phase all the way to production. You will design and create outstanding production intend solutions which may include battery management system, motor controller, vehicle control system, or communications gateway, telemetry and diagnostic tool, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Technical leadership for design, development and support for embedded systems across multiple projects within the powertrain team.
- Design/define the overall firmware/software architecture.
- Specify, design, and implement engineering tool chain.
- Hands-on hardware bring-up, system debugging and code optimization for production release.
- Low level driver development, as well as high level application code development.
- Identify the root cause of component or vehicle issues and lead cross functional team to deliver the solution.
- Up to 20% domestic and international travel may be expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, CE, EE or a related field.
- Expert of C or C++, Python and production intend Model-Based Design.
- Proven record of delivering quality automotive products, experience with electric vehicle development is highly preferred.
- Experience developing RTOS, bootloaders and OTA.
- Understand hardware and software co-design and maintainability.
- Experience developing embedded firmware for safety-critical applications in production environments, including knowledge of ISO26262.
- Experience with CAN bus systems and associated tools such as CANape.
- Familiarity with automotive ECUs, especially those in hybrid and electric powertrains. Experience with TI DSPs or NXP microcontrollers a plus.
- 5+ years of professional firmware/software development experience.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.