At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
We are looking for engineering interns for ME/EE/CS
- Creative thinking, and high level analytical ability
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Strong work ethics, highly motivated, and positive energy and attitude
- You will work on the new EV platform which is in the field of ME/EE/CS or a combination.
- You will design, test, and prototype ME/EE components and systems depending on project and team requirements.
- You will be challenged to have excellent and creative solutions with high quality for the product.
- You will work collaboratively with cross-functional partners, external vendors, and suppliers.
- The internship can be in various opportunities including Charger, Battery, Power Electronics, Mechanical Drive Systems, Motor, Infotainment, Body Controls, and Integration.
Duties and responsibilities
- Model components and assemblies in CAD.
- Automotive component/system fabrication, wiring, debugging, testing.
- Embedded system coding, board-level bring up & testing, server development, and so on.
- Modeling development including vehicle and vehicle dynamic modeling, autonomous driving, powertrain modeling, motor, battery, charger, etc.
Required Education and Experience
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program
- Knowledge of EV R&D and have hands-on experience on EV.
- Working knowledge of Matlab, Labview, Python, C/C++;
- Experience with automotive environmental, reliability, and safety requirements a plus
- Knowledge of lithium-ion battery, motor, and power electronic technologies.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of identity and employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
This is a paid, 3-month internship program. Intern with excellent performance may have the opportunity to become full-time employee.