At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
Manage the Drivetrain Hardware team. Provide technical direction to the team and other engineers and suppliers for powertrain engineering and development. The candidate will have overall technical responsibility in the area include drive inverter hardware development, motor design, and gear box development.
Duties and responsibilities
• Build the team, bring excellent people on board
• Define requirements and mechanical interface for Drive Inverter, Motor and Gear Box
• Work with vehicle engineering team and control team to define the architecture of Drivetrain hardware system
• Develop the drive inverter hardware, motor and gearbox
• Develop and define the drivetrain thermal system
• Define the work scope of powertrain integration, work with supplier on overall powertrain integration and control.
• Advance intellectual property in EV traction system
Lead the drivetrain mechanical team
Up to 20% travel is expected for this position
Required Education and Experience
• MS or PhD in ME, or Physics
• Prior related experience in a key R&D role for minimum of 5 years
• Proven track record of engineering management
• Extensive experience designing and developing drivetrain system, proficient in drivetrain analysis software packages like KISSSOFT, LDP, CALYX, MASTA, Romax, Gleason Cage and etc.
• Extensive experience with Mechanical drivetrain design, implementation and validation in automotive application.
• CAD/CAE software: ANSYS, Catia V5, SolidWorks
• Experience with high voltage power electronics system
• Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
• Deep understanding of system level thermal, high voltage integration, efficiency optimization
• Leadership and ability to direct an engineering team in technical, timing and process areas
• Knowledge in environmental, reliability, and safety requirements for Automotive application
• Creative thinking, and high level analytical ability
• Greater than 3 years of experience in traction system design and development in EV or HEV
Candidates for positions with SF Motors must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position; TN visa holders may be considered.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.