At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
The autonomous driving technical leader will be part of the intelligent driving team within SF Motors to develop, design and test autonomous driving systems. The semi-automated or automated driving functions may include sensor fusion, perception, modeling, deep learning, localization, prediction, decision making, motion planning and control. The hardware system architecture may include automotive sensors such as radars, cameras and lidars, as well as other positioning systems, communication systems, computing systems and safety systems. This is a full-time on-site role based in Santa Clara, California.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead technical system, system integration and component level design and verification.
• Build, influence, and deploy large initiatives from ground-up.
• Manage risk activities; escalate issues in a timely-fashion.
• Lead engineering requirements for autonomous vehicle systems.
• Lead and ensure engineering product development processes are followed, measured and properly represented to the vehicle engineering team.
• Lead the technical team in performance tradeoff analysis supporting design requirements.
• Lead the formal design and stage reviews of the autonomous vehicle prototype development.
• 10+ years of experience in the automotive electronics industry.
• 10+ years of technical leadership experience in at least one engineering discipline.
• Experience working with and leading highly technical teams.
• Ability to work cross-functionally within entire engineering departments.
• Ability to collaborate with design teams and influence design direction.
• Good knowledge in electrical, mechanical, and software design.
• Master’s degree or PHD in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and related fields.
Candidates for positions with SF Motors must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position; TN visa holders may be considered.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.