At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
The autonomous driving technical leader will be part of the intelligent driving team within SF Motors to develop, design and test autonomous driving systems. The semi-automated or automated driving functions may include sensor fusion, perception, modeling, deep learning, localization, prediction, decision making, motion planning and control. The hardware system architecture may include automotive sensors such as radars, cameras and lidars, as well as other positioning systems, communication systems, computing systems and safety systems. This is a full-time on-site role based in Santa Clara, California.
Duties and Responsibilities
The candidate should be able to:
- Lead, build and manage a team of hardware engineers, software engineers and system engineers or managers
- Develop product requirements, hardware component specifications and validation methods for advanced driver assistance systems and autonomous driving
- Architect, design and develop robust sensing system and automotive computing platform
- Survey market intelligence and supplier capabilities in component and system technologies and survey related regulations
- Perform feasibility studies and data driven performance analysis
- Collaborate with external partners, suppliers, research organizations and regulation agencies in the development and realization of autonomous driving
- Participate in vehicle functional safety specification and implementation
- Participate in production vehicle development including electrical architecture design, vehicle homologation, manufacturing support, and testing and validation
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills and communicate skills
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional office environment, development laboratories, as well as some amount of moving vehicle testing on private roads or on public roads.
Up to 20% domestic and international travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, robotics, automation or other relevant fields, MS or PhD preferred
- At least 10 years of experience in complex embedded hardware or software or system
- Extensive experience in engineering design or computation tools
- Extensive technical leadership and team management experience
- Significant past technical accomplishments in fields of work
- Knowledge in model based design process, algorithm development and HIL testing
- Knowledge in automotive electronics and diagnostic instruments
- Knowledge in control, signal processing and sensor technologies
- Knowledge in enabling technologies for autonomous driving including machine learning, computer vision, data mining, real-time mapping and cloud computing
- Knowledge in CAN and Ethernet networking and wireless communication protocols
- Knowledge in ROS, ADTF, and/or DDS
Candidates for positions with SF Motors must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position; TN visa holders may be considered.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.