At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
As a member of the control and architecture team, you will be responsible for delivering high quality embedded code, hands on hardware bring-up which might include motor controller, vehicle gateway, telemetry and diagnostic tool, thermal controller, battery management system, ultrasonic, camera, radar/LiDAR, charger system, etc. You will be also responsible to integrate firmware at vehicle level.
Duties and responsibilities
- Implement the firmware on hardware with C code or through model-based design tool such Matlab/Simulink
- Design and specify the software architecture
- Specify, design, and implement tool for embedded subsystems.
- Deriver development, hardware testing debugging, and component/vehicle bring-up
- Design testing and calibration tool in the test bench
- Identify the root cause of component or vehicle issues and lead cross function team to deliver the solution
- Optimize the embedded code for the product requirements
Minimum travel requirement
Required Education and Experience
- BS, MS or PhD in computer science, EE, ME, robotics, or related field;
- Good understanding of C or C++;
- Experience with board bring-up;
- Experience with electric vehicle development is highly preferred
- Experience with any hands-on project such as automation, robotics, real-time controls
- Experience developing RTOS such as FreeRTOS
- Strong understanding of bootloaders and over-the-air updates
- Understand software design and maintainability
- Experience developing embedded firmware for safety-critical applications in production environments, such as knowledge of ISO26262;
- Familiar with popular calibration tools in automotive industry, such CANape a plus
- Experience with TI DSPs or NXP microcontrollers a plus.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Strong work ethics, highly motivated, and positive energy and attitude
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.